Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 January 2016

"Your Focus Determines Your Reality."

- Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars IV)


Image from Pinterest
The original three. 

I can't believe it took me soooooo long to watch these! I think they were brilliant. I definitely have a new found love for Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher - their initial scenes with witty retorts flying back and forth was great. 

The costumes, the music score, the plot - it was all just fantastic. 

For some reason I didn't particularly warm to Luke Skywalker, I'm not entirely sure why but I thought his altercation with Yoda was amusing. 

All three are thoroughly enjoyable and something I would definitely watch time and time again. Can't wait to see the new one!

---

The prequels though. These I was not impressed with. 

Yes, you could say a bit of background information was shed on how Darth Vader became who he was, but it wasn't necessarily needed. 

Plus, I feel that all of the performances from the cast fell flat - including Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman and Samuel L. Jackson. Yoda also became more of an irritation than an addition to the film. 

The only bit I would have to say I enjoyed was the final battle scene between Obi and Darth. 

What a disappointment. I probably wouldn't watch them again.

---

Rating:
IV, V, VI - ★★★★★

I, II, III - ★★☆☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment