Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 13 January 2016

A Novel To Be Named


One of my New Years Resolutions (for more than just this year) has been to finish editing my novel, except this year I've broken it down into editing by chapters instead of feeling like I need to do the whole thing in one go. It's less daunting that way.

I finally finished it in the summer of 2013, which I was super relieved about. But, I think I've been putting off editing it because I'm scared of the next step (although having university and now a full time job clearly hasn't helped in stimulating my motivation!) I want to get it published, but I wonder if it's good enough. Will I be rejected? Am I even a good writer? Or should I just stick to it as a hobby?

Yes, I work for a publishing company now, but I don't know if that gives me an upper hand in any kind of way. Plus, I absolutely love my job in general so I don't want them to see it as me going in a different direction. Also, as the heading says, my novel still doesn't have a title. All my ideas aren't strong or captivating enough.

Despite this, I am keeping to my New Years Resolution by managing to have written almost everyday since New Years Eve. I've found that re-writing it from the beginning, by hand, in one of my many beautiful notebooks has given me the motivation to type it up from its original handwritten version, onto my laptop, editing as I go.

Hopefully I can keep this up!


No comments:

Post a Comment