Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 January 2016

"We can be heroes, just for one day."

I woke up to the dulcet tones of the radio presenter saying 'we're bringing you the sad news this morning of the passing of David Bowie, at the age of 69 after his 18 month battle with cancer...'

Image from Pinterest

My heart broke.

I've listened to his music since I was a child. My dad always loved him and I got very interested at a very young age. His amazing songs have been in many great films - making them even better in my books. For instance, Shrek 2 (when Shrek has changed into a human and riding donkey's changed form through the town), The Perks of Being a Wallflower (when Logan Lerman and Emma Watson drive through a tunnel feeling ultimate bliss) and even in New York Minute with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (when they perform their own version of Rebel Rebel).

Image from Pinterest

His performance in Labyrinth is one of my absolute favourites, no matter how cheesy and silly the film was with its deceitful maze and assortment of interesting creatures - the Goblin King will always be a character I fancy the pants off of.

Image from Pinterest

It was touching to actually see how many of my generation adored him as well as the older generations. He touched the lives of many and I will continue to listen to his eclectic collection for the rest of my life.

A true hero and a musical legend.

Image from Pinterest

Rest in peace to one of my all time favourite musicians, like the articles say, you never seemed like you were from this planet and have now returned home.

Image from Pinterest

Gone, but never forgotten 



My Top 5:
Heroes

Changes

Rebel Rebel

Magic Dance

Ziggy Stardust

No comments:

Post a Comment