Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 January 2016

100 Happy Days

Trying to think of something each day that made me happy was both difficult and simple - or, it was only difficult because to try and picture what made me happy was complicated. How do you portray a feeling in a picture? Something that cannot be photographed? 

As the saying goes, "A picture says a thousand words." But does it say the right ones? I wanted to portray how I felt simply, which I guess was helped by captions. I love that this challenge allowed me to use Instagram more; I definitely neglect it a lot.

Also, this challenge definitely helped me to feel happier by the end of it. It allowed me to see the goodness in the smallest of details, in the simplest of moments - whether that be reading in the garden on a sunny day or booking my tickets to see Take That for the second time. It allowed me to live in the moment more, instead of looking at the bigger picture.

This year I've decided I want to use a similar idea but for every day of the entire year - except I will most likely not take a photo each day. It's almost a step-up from this original 100 Happy Days Challenge as well as the Jar Project I did last year. I may post some progress at some point, but as of yet I haven't taken any photos to document what has made me happy, just little handwritten notes in my diary.

Here are some of my favourites from the challenge I took between March and June:

















Please feel free to check out the rest of my photos from the challenge here (you may have to filter through a few photos I have uploaded since June!) and pop over to the 100 Happy Days Challenge website, here, if you feel like giving it a go too!


No comments:

Post a Comment