Powered By Blogger

Friday 2 December 2016

Finding Dory

So, this past week I've had off work which has been nice (hence the missed post on Wednesday, my bad).

I intended to go to Ireland for the week but decided to postpone it until the Spring due to a whole host of reasons.

Instead, I went home for a few days and saw a friend and my grandparents.

Walking my dog each morning amongst the blanket of golden leaves and the crisp blue skies was also well and truly needed.

But more on that in a later post, I have a handful of beautiful autumnal photos I would love to share.

This post, though, is about Finding Dory.

The first few minutes literally had me in tears. Adeel turned to me in the dark cinema and broke his heart-shaped hands in two. I couldn't help but laugh. How can five minutes into a Pixar film bring up so much emotion?

Like with Bridget Jones's Baby, I was worried this would let the first instalment down.

It did anything but that.

It was a fun, fast-paced tearjerker of an adventure pulling on every heartstring possible.

I loved how it managed to touch on some really sensitive subjects without getting to complicated to confuse children.

The new characters - a grumpy octopus named Hank, a whale shark named Destiny and a beluga whale named Bailey - were a lovely addition, adding humour and friendship into the mix.

Nemo and Marlin were great again reprising their former roles.

But a special mention to Ellen DeGeneres needs to be given because she really is amazing. She gives so much character to her regal blue tang, you can't help but be swept into Dory's search for her long lost parents.

The plot was a simple one, but definitely didn't fail to entertain.

It was a sweet and easy watch, one great for adults and children alike.

---

Rating:
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment