Powered By Blogger

Monday 26 December 2016

Inferno

Image From Pinterest
I literally watched The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons a week or two before we went to see this in somewhat of a "preparation" I guess.

I can't see films out of order even if you don't necessarily need to see the first ones in a series to understand the others.

Although I wasn't that fussed about The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons was only alright, I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

It definitely started off with a bang and was quite dark and strange from the first few scenes.

It did take a little while to get your head around but it does all come together and make sense in the end.

Tom Hanks did another fantastic job as Robert Langdon, a symbology professor at Harvard, who has to decipher the meaning of a clever trail of ancient clues.

Felicity Jones also did a great job accompanying him.

I must say I didn't see the twist coming even though it seemed pretty obvious to Adeel.

Once this twist is revealed the end of the film develops pretty quickly with a very tense and dramatic ending.

I loved the whole concept of combining the elements of Hell, a virus and Dante's paintings together.

I found it way darker than the first two. In fact the imagery Tom Hanks hallucinates/remembers throughout is quite horrific.

The setting was beautiful as well; makes me want to visit Italy all the more!

All in all, I think I preferred this one over the other two.

---

Rating:
★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment