Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 November 2016

Bridget Jones's Baby

Image from Pinterest
I was so so so nervous about seeing this, being super worried it would let the other two down, but my God was it good.

I was obviously disappointed from the first reports of this being made to a film that Hugh Grant would not be reprising his role as Daniel Cleaver. But then again, the screenwriters/producer found a way of including him anyway which was a fairly amusing way to start and finish the film!

It also took me a surprisingly short time to warm up to Patrick Dempsey's character. Although, is it just me or was his voice a tad off putting? It's like David Beckham all over again, attractive man, weird voice.

I loved the subtle modern updates that were added, especially the new choice of music at the beginning to replace Celine Dion's All By Myself

Renee Zelleweger obviously needs a mention as, yet again, her Bridget is flawless and hilarious and so relatable it's unreal. I know people were dubious about the way she'd look considering the amount of surgery she'd had, but honestly I barely noticed it at all. It's also still so surprising that that's not her actual accent!

Colin Firth's character was a little depressing this time. Given that poor Mark Darcy had been through a lot but still. I was rooting for him throughout as a loyal Bridget Jones fan, but the plot definitely had you wondering who she would end up with, if either.

The plot was great. It was funny and sweet and sad and grown up but also childish. Bridget's trusty three companions made their amusing if brief appearances, as did her nutty parents.

I couldn't recommend this film more to be honest. I can't wait to watch all three in a row over Christmas.

Loved it!

---

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment