Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 7 December 2016

The Mortal Instruments: Book Five, City of Lost Souls

By Cassandra Clare.



























[Jace is now a servant of evil, bound for all eternity to Sebastian.
Only a small band of Shadowhunters believe he can be saved.
To do this they must defy the Clave. And they must act without
Clary. For Clary is playing a dangerous game utterly alone.
The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace's soul. Clary
is willing to do anything for Jace, but can she trust him?
What price is too high to pay, even for love?]

Do you ever watch a TV show where it's like eight series in and it really could've done with finishing at about series 4 yet it's still going. 

Yeah? 

Well that's how these books feel sometimes.

I don't have a whole lot of new things to add since the last one to be honest.

The plot was alright; there were some interesting twists but again with the incest theme, it just kinda creeped me out.

I get that Sebastian just wants someone to love him, but his sister? And like that? Yuck.

If I'm honest, I was more intrigued by Simon's storyline than I was with Clary's, it just seemed to grip me more.

I also preferred Isabelle and Simon's relationship development over Clary and Jace's. It was so lovely to see Isabelle's vulnerability grow as her feelings towards Simon became true to herself.

I was even more partial to the relationships of Magnus/Alec and Maia/Jordan over Clary and Jace. 

Clary is really really irritating now, as is Jace, and I can't stand how they constantly have to be gazing at one another or whatever. It's that relationship where they're all over each other and it just makes you sick.

I wasn't sure how there was a whole other book after this one (but I've since finished them all!!) and what it was going to be about, but I couldn't wait to just be done with them.

That all changed with the last book though, review to come soon!



✌︎

No comments:

Post a Comment