Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 November 2016

The Legend of Tarzan

Image from Pinterest
I really need to start writing these film reviews up within a week of watching them even if I don't post them straight away 'cause I can barely remember any details, just my overall feeling towards them!

I know I was hesitant about this film because I adore the Disney version of Tarzan so much (in fact, I'd go as far to say it is my favourite Disney film full stop).

But I thought it had the potential to be good considering the cast, i.e. Alexander Skarsgard and Margot Robbie.

But unfortunately, for me, this film didn't live up to the high standards I have from the Disney version or to any other films those two actors have been in before.

I thought it was very slow-paced and I found myself trying to fight off sleep which is unusual for me because I have a weird habit of once I've started something, I need to finish it no matter how bad it is.

I'm not saying it's a bad film, it just didn't have that much impact on me.

I enjoyed the way it was shot, the cinematography was beautiful. It did a wonderful job of portraying the century it was based in as well as the conflict between the culture of the Congo tribes and Victorian London.

Christoph Waltz, as always, did a fantastic job as the villain. I know he seems to have been typecast into the villains role, but it is for good reason as he does it so well.

I can't really remember Margot Robbie making much of an impact on me in this film except for her obvious beauty, that was all.

And Alexander Skarsgard, well, I loved him in True Blood, but I felt he was a little flat in this. Plus, is it just me or was he paler as Tarzan than he was when he was playing a vampire? Weird.

---

Rating: ★★☆☆☆

✌︎

No comments:

Post a Comment