Powered By Blogger

Sunday 13 November 2016

The Infernal Devices: Book 2, Clockwork Prince

By Cassandra Clare.

So, everything seems to be falling apart in this house all at once. 

One of the hobs wouldn't turn off and because it's gas we had to turn the gas off completely so we had no hot water, heating or use of the cooker for one day. (The following day I pulled the dial off of the faulty one and straightened the metal piping so we could turn the gas back on without the worry of any gas leaking out. Sigh). 

The shower also decided all of a sudden, that within a minute of turning it on the whole bathroom would flood. So every morning I've been ramming towels into the gaps beneath the bath in some sort of vain hope that it would soak the worst of the waters up and mopping up the rest. 

After. every. damn. shower. 

Oh, and the mouse is back. That little critter made it's first appearance since the weather turned cooler so I couldn't sleep at all that night. Wonderful.




[In the magical underworld of Victorian London,
Tessa Gray finds her heart drawn more and more
to Jem, while her longing for Will continues
to unsettle her. Could finding the Magister free
Will from his secrest and give Tessa the answers
to who she is and what she was born to do?]

I absolutely adored this book.

I don't know whether when I read the first one I was getting slightly bored by the samey-samey plots/characters/love triangles/YA in general. But this one sure changed my mind.

The development of characters and plot lines was brilliant. I enjoyed getting to know all of the characters more in-depth, especially Will and the Lightwood family.

I have to say, love triangles are annoying in most cases, but this one had me hooked! I can't figure out who I want Tessa to end up with. Jem is so caring and sweet, but Will is all bright eyes, sarcasm and charm. I was definitely surprised by the turn in events towards the end!

I'm still loving the era as well, it feels so authentic and interesting. Clare must've done so much research for her characters to have all the correct mannerisms and to describe London so well!

The mechanical creatures weren't in this one as much, nor the main villain (just mentioned), but the overall drama within a number of different families, revelations and lust was enough to satisfy me.

I really really can't wait to read the last one. I'm enjoying these more than The Mortal Instruments series!



✌︎

No comments:

Post a Comment