Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Anniversary Weekend, Sunborn Yacht, Day 2


So, let's not talk about the catastrophic events of the Election today shall we? I may not be a US citizen but Jesus Christ.

ANYWAY

We were on our way over to the O2 at the end of the last post to get some dinner and chill out, maybe see a movie.

But, little did we know how packed it would be. Should have guessed on a Friday night, but, well, we're silly.

A Mary J Blige concert happened to be on, the restaurants were packed and there weren't any good films on, so we headed back across the Emirates Cable Car and back to the hotel where we ended up ordering room service again and laying in bed watching The Intern!




























Adeel ordered the steak and I actually ordered from the children's menu, chicken and chips! We were both a little disappointed in the size of the meats but the chips were so gooood.

The Intern was the perfect downtime movie as well, a feel good option with a great cast.

We crashed not long after that as we'd planned a busy few days ahead of us (and when I say we crashed, I mean he crashed and as per usual when I'm in a hotel I couldn't sleep).

I don't know what it is, I just cannot sleep in a hotel even though the bed was the comfiest bed I've ever been on. Humph.

It was okay, the next day breakfast certainly refuelled me!




























I was going to opt for scrambled eggs and smoked salmon but I'm glad I didn't! We just ended up sharing their full english breakfast option which you could choose from the obvious ingredients of a traditional fry up but also cereals, yoghurt, pastries, meats, juice and tea!

I had smoked salmon, the tomato and mushrooms, some pastries and the frosties with the fruit yoghurt. It was amazing. Honestly. That yoghurt as well - to die for.

Fuelled and ready to go we headed into Stratford Westfield.

After a wander around Hugo Boss for Adeel, we watched Inferno as he's a big fan of The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons films. It was actually really good, so intense. I enjoyed it more than the other two!

Following that, we went to Wahaca again as we'd enjoyed it so much the first time (this was before they ended up shutting down around 9 branches due to a norovirus outbreak!!)

I actually took pictures this time of the interior and food, go me!
















































































Adeel had his favourite dish again. The smokey chipotle chicken...




























As  did I! The sweet potato and feta taquitos. This is amazing.




























We  also went for some guacamole and chips.


And some grilled british steak tacos.




























I went for the brilliant mohito again and Adeel had a passion fruit and hibiscus cooler.


Beautttttttt.

I was shattered after this though so we headed back to the hotel. I don't think we went out again, we chilled playing angry birds and didn't even get around to watching another film. We crashed late again but the clocks went back so an extra hour in bed!

We woke to this eery view




























and ordered breakfast again. The same as before because it was so good.












































































































A rather indulgent weekend but one I would definitely repeat!

The staff were wonderful and kind and very helpful, the room was quiet and clean, checkout was at 12 and their facilities aboard (room service included) was exceptional! Wish we could have tried out the restaurant and spa, but maybe next time...


Unfortunately this is the only photo I have of the outside of the boat as there were so many comic con goers outside! 



✌︎

No comments:

Post a Comment