Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 24 August 2016

Independence Day: Resurgence

I really need to start writing these reviews as soon as I've seen the film otherwise I lose all memory of details and end up spending an age trying to remember what actually happened.

Now, Independence Day.

I wouldn't say I was a hugeee fan of the first one. It's good, don't get me wrong. But Adeel is a massive fan so I always knew we'd watch the second one.

I was pretty excited though, wondering what they'd do different this time.

Like with everyone else (I assume), I was disappointed that Will Smith wasn't reprising his role after 20 years. Everyone else managed to be in it, yet one of the main characters wasn't. Annoying much?

However, I did find Liam Hemsworth to be a pretty good substitute.

He's playing his usual sort of charming, funny role. But I enjoyed his subplot with the romance and even more so the fact that his girl got in on the action of fighting with the aliens as well.

Maika Monroe was pretty good as Hemsworth's love interest and the former President's daughter. Like I said, I loved how she was able to be a helpful role in bringing down the alien force. It wasn't all left down to the men as usual which was nice.

Jeff Goldblum as always was amazing. I will forever enjoy anything he is in after playing Ian in Jurassic Park. Enough said.

The rest of the cast were good too, especially Bill Pullman as a slightly going-off-the-rails Whitmore.

The storyline was pretty much the same except with bigger aliens and some of the characters (like Whitmore) having all of these visions to sort of predict their next attack.

I liked the added element of alien and human working together against a bigger alien foe and the CGI and finale were spectacular.

I can't really remember much else, I just know I enjoyed it!

Plenty of action, some edge of your seat moments and a good dose of romance/feel good moments.

---

Rating:
★★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment