Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Central Intelligence

I didn't expect to like this nearly half as much as I actually did. 

Some films surprise you I guess.

After seeing Kevin Hart live a few months back - and with A being such a huge fan of his and The Rock - I thought this film had a fair chance of being reasonably funny.

I was wrong.

Image from Pinterest
It was hilarious. And the action was good too!

I thought it would be over the top and ridiculous, with jokes that were forced. But, although the plot obviously wasn't a believable one, it was a rather amusing one and not too out there.

It starts off with a scene in high school where Kevin Hart's character is the popular kid getting an award for something or other at a football game when some of the others decide to play a prank on The Rock's character. Quite a mean prank at that.

I have to say, the CGI in this initial scene was pretty good. They both looked considerably younger in a realistic way.

The film then continues on some years later revolving around the idea of an upcoming high school reunion where the two unexpectedly meet up once again beforehand.

A series of action scenes and funny events then proceed to happen and I found myself highly entertained all of the way through.

Not only was it funny, exciting and obscure, but it also had a great message underneath.

Don't let people put you down, be proud of who you are.

Kevin Hart was great in his role - although a serious character - the sarcasm and downright panicky jumpiness of him was great.

The Rock, though, was the standout for me. I'm so used to seeing him in a purely action role, flexing his muscles and just, well, being menacing. But, you know, he actually shocked me. I thought at the beginning his character was just putting on a flamboyant, camp front but he wasn't! It was such an unusual, strange role for him to play and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him.

The film also proceeded to surprise me with a few twists and turns. You didn't know who actually was the bad guy until right at the end which was good. I definitely couldn't seem to guess as they kept flicking it between a bunch of different characters.

I still can't believe how much I enjoyed this film.

If you're up for watching an easy, fast-paced, action-filled, funny film with two great actors in it then you should give this a watch.

---

Rating:
★★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment