Powered By Blogger

Sunday 22 May 2016

The Jungle Book

Since finding out the voice cast and watching the trailer for the first time a few months ago, I knew the live action version of The Jungle Book would be a good'n.

Image from Pinterest
They nailed the voice cast in my opinion - Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansson, Idris Elba, Christopher Walken and Ben Kingsley. Perfect.

It was a lot darker than the Disney version which was an interesting spin on things, especially Shere Khan with his added ugly scar across a clearly blind eye. Quite terrifying when close up.

Even King Louie was quite maniacal, wanting Mowgli to bestow upon him man's "red flower" (think the wording could have maybe described fire with something a little better...)

Kaa wasn't in it as much as I would have hoped which was a little disappointing. Although it has been a very long time since I've even seen the Disney version. But Scarlett Johansson's seductive voice could definitely be enough to put anyone into a state of hypnosis.

Bagheera and Baloo did not disappoint though.

I love Bill Murray. I think it's solely because of his role in Scrooged that is the reason behind this, but even in interviews I find him hilarious and he was absolutely wonderful as Baloo with the right amount of humour and kindness to him.

And Bagheera, well, I have a fondness for black cats but his seemingly 'no bullshit' attitude was great throughout. It was all very amusing.

The two songs which did feature were good (Bear Necessities and I Wanna Be Like You). I can imagine a number of people probably joined in as well in the cinema!

I definitely admire Neel Sethi as Mowgli. It must have been the strangest filming experience and he did such a great job for such a young actor.

Finally, I can't forget to mention those adorable wolf pups - the cutest things! Especially Grey.

I would highly, highly recommend going to see this if you're a lover of all things Disney!

---

Rating:
★★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment