Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Captain America: Civil War

When I heard about this film, I hadn't been entirely convinced it would be very good. In fact, I was damn right sceptical. I mean, the Avengers fight bad guys, not each other. Who would ever think that that was a good idea?

Image from Pinterest
But, it was actually pretty good, albeit very long.

It was very action-packed with an interesting, in-depth backstory for two of the main characters, entwining them unexpectedly.

For some reason though, I just don't click with Captain America. I find him incredibly irritating and boring, like, he's not exactly a superhero is he? Maybe it's because I'm a diehard Robert Downey Jr. fan, I don't know, but Steve Rogers is too noble and Prince Charming-esque for me.

I loved the addition of Spiderman, Ant Man and Black Panther however. Spiderman, especially, because he was hilarious and although I missed Andrew Garfield I felt Tom Holland did a great job and I look forward to seeing him in any future Marvel films.

I also liked how the superheroes seemed to be struggling more within themselves this time, dealing with their own flaws, the results of their own actions. It definitely made them more relatable. This was especially highlighted with Stark and Wanda. Robert Downey Jr. and Elizabeth Olsen were spectacular.

Paul Bettany was, again, brilliant as Vision. His high intelligence and power verses his misunderstandings of human nature was interesting. He could be the most powerful of them all without even really knowing it.

However, like I said earlier, the film was very, very long. Every time I thought the climactic action scene and following calm one would be the end, another action scene exploded onto the screen and I was left wondering if the film would ever end. It was also a little annoying that they added two extra scenes, one a minute or so after a few credits and another right at the very end. Come on, at least put them both together!

Anyways, if you like action films and men in spandex suits, this one's for you.

---

Rating:
★★★☆☆



No comments:

Post a Comment