Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 May 2016

Strawberry-Blonde Confirmed

So, I grew up being told all the time that my hair colour was strawberry-blonde, not thinking anything else to it and then secondary school came around and I was told that strawberry-blonde wasn't a 'real' colour, it was just a 'cover up' for a red head or ginger, whatever you want to call it.

Taunting commenced from some sad individuals and I felt so self-conscious and down that I had my hair coloured blonde for the first time in Year 9 (think I was 14).

18/19 years old
This continued until about, maybe, a year or two ago (6-7 years straight!), with a slight change in colour here and there (red underneath, electric blue all over and then, lastly, brunette).







































It wasn't until the money became an issue due to finishing uni and having only a part time waitressing job that I stopped having my hair done - which I was initially distraught about. Having my hair done was what had given me some more confidence over the past years.

And now, I've been thinking about having it coloured again recently, as it has pretty much grown back to it's original shade. I had every intention of talking to my hairdresser about seeing a colour chart during yesterday's appointment, but you know what?

I looked in the mirror before I left for my appointment and I actually liked the colour I saw. From the years and years worth of blonde on top, my ends look a lot lighter, which is nice, but overall, I kind of, really like it. Weird.


I asked my hairdresser yesterday what colour he thought my hair was there and then and he initially said blonde, which took me aback. I then proceeded to ask him if strawberry-blonde was a real colour and that I'd had people say that that's what mine was but also that I'd heard it wasn't even a real colour. I also told him I'd had auburn been assigned to my colouring as well.

He instantly disagreed with the auburn saying my hair wasn't dark enough but agreed that it was, indeed, strawberry-blonde, a blonde that has warm tones to it, not necessarily red.

So there you have it, strawberry-blonde is a real colour and I am finally at peace with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment