Powered By Blogger

Sunday 28 February 2016

Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens

After only watching the first six instalments a few weeks ago, I thought I shouldn't leave it so long until I see this one.

Image from Pinterest
I thought it got off to a bit of a slow start, which I suppose is fair enough when they're introducing the new characters, but still. It didn't really get going for me until Rey and Finn met up and then it got good. Really good.

I enjoyed Han Solo's obvious sarcastic distaste towards Rey and Finn, especially when Rey joins him as co-pilot. It was nice that, although the story includes the original characters, it didn't revolve around them. I equally liked Rey and Finn as new characters and more so that they are just friends - it's too common for everything to blossom into a romance these days. Although there is still the chance of that happening in one of the next two instalments.

Image from Pinterest
I didn't like, however, Kylo Ren. I'm not sure what it was, whether it be the actor or the character, but I definitely thought they were trying too hard to make him look and act like Anakin.

I also didn't like that obvious scene with him and his father (you'll know the one if you've seen it). If he were really torn between the light and dark sides, he really couldn't have done what he did. Just saying.

Wasn't a fan of the final scene either. Too extended and dramatic for no apparent reason. Beautiful location though.

Overall, much better than the "prequels" and on a parallel to the originals. Loved it.

---

Rating:
★★★★☆


No comments:

Post a Comment