Powered By Blogger

Sunday 21 February 2016

Deadpool

Image from Pinterest
I've been so indecisive about this film - one minute I'm not interested at all, the next I am because I found out it was Ryan Reynolds playing the lead, and then I wasn't again because I didn't think it would be funny, and so on.

But, then I saw the trailer and I knew I wanted to see it for definite.

Again, though, sat in the cinema, snacks at the ready, right at the beginning of the film, I wasn't sure if it would actually be any good. I'm never sure about films where the character talks into the camera - it just doesn't work for me. But Ryan Reynolds nails it. I love the type of role he always seems to play - the sarcastic, good looking but hard done by guy.

And I also think it was great that the love interest wasn't some perfect, quirky girl that needed saving constantly. Okay so she needed saving at the end, but still. Oddly enough she reminded me of Jean in X-Men because she looks a lot like her (to me anyway) - before all the red hair and evilness.

Image from Pinterest
As the storyline developed I definitely enjoyed it more. I even enjoyed the way he constantly took the piss out of X-Men, the basic superhero film cast line-up (you'll know what I mean if you pay attention to the opening credits) and, even, himself. The music was great throughout and there was a great balance between comedy and drama/action.

It was brilliant.

The only thing I'm unsure about is that I'm slightly confused as to where this storyline falls in the X-Men franchise. Evidently, as he featured in Wolverine it has to be either before it or alongside it. Plus, if he dies at the end of Wolverine how will there be sequels to Deadpool - which they hinted at? Or did he not die at all?

I love the whole X-Men series so maybe I just need to watch them all again to figure out how it all fits together!

---

Rating:
★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment