Powered By Blogger

Sunday 28 May 2017

Underworld: Blood Wars

Image From Pinterest
It's been such a good weekend already. In fact it's just been a pretty good week all in all.

The weather's been fab, I'm feeling a lot more settled in my new place and I've spent some time with family and Adeel so I'm feeling very at peace and happy right now.

Literally just spent my evening watching the Grand Prix whilst colouring which has been so calming and a lovely way to finish a busy few days.

But at the moment, I'm looking forward to a plan-free bank holiday Monday if I'm honest. Will most likely go for a nice slow run before finishing unpacking and cleaning my room. 

Perfect.

We went to see Pirates 5 today and, ohmygod, I cannot wait to write a review for that!

One film I was equally excited for at the beginning of the year was Underworld: Blood Wars.

I love the Underworld series and not just because Kate Beckinsale is my girl crush but because it's just a fantastic set of vampire films. Beats Twilight by a mile, a million miles.

Unfortunately I wasn't completely won over by the fifth instalment.

I don't think the story was very strong at all and I was very, very annoyed at how they barely even covered writing off Michael's character. I'm fully aware the actor didn't want to come back but it's not like he was anyone random, he was what the entire plot surrounded in films one and two.

I enjoyed the old characters and a couple from the fourth, but the new characters I almost felt were weak, that they weren't anything special given the previous villains. Plus, I'm kind of biased in the old characters because I absolutely love Kate Beckinsale, Theo James and Charles Dance.

The cinematography and the sets and the costumes were beautiful as usual. Lycra and medieval castles and epic battle scenes - classic Underworld action.

I'm not gonna lie though, I will probably watch it again beside the others because I like doing film marathons every now and again and it's part of the story, especially as there's going to be another one!

Let's hope the sixth is better.

---

Rating:
★★★☆☆



No comments:

Post a Comment