Powered By Blogger

Sunday 21 May 2017

Rogue One

Well hello there.

Image from Pinterest

Last Sunday I didn't even realise I'd missed a post until late the following day which never happens. I was so caught up on packing my last fews bits and travelling home to drop them off that it slipped my mind.

And then Wednesday's post I did miss on purpose. I thought I would give myself the week off as I had a busy week packing up my belongings and a few rare social engagements!

And now, although I am sad that one of my colleagues left this week, I am happy to report I am all settled in to my new place -- if settled means I still have packing boxes everywhere...

---

Well, this review has been a long time coming as it came out in what, December??

Bare with me if I forget a few of the details for the plot!

Think this was a spur of the moment watch as I'd taken the day off work to go to Winter Wonderland with Adeel. Then when we were done we decided to head over to Leicester Square and squeeze in a quick film before my drive home for Christmas the following day.

I'm not a massive fan of Star Wars, think I prefer Star Trek (although the second and third weren't as good as the first), but I've enjoyed the newer ones for sure as well as the original series (not so much the prequels).

I enjoyed the plot. It was very action packed which makes a change I think. The other Star Wars have been more quest driven with the one overall bad guy, whereas this one was a brewing war between two sides with many epic battles throughout.

I did find the ending a bit of a shock though. But I guess you never expect to watch a film and see characters get killed off. Princess Leia's cameo at the very end was quite nice and unexpected.

Felicity Jones is really growing on me as an actor. She's so talented and I love watching her characters unfold. Jyn was a beautiful character. Her backstory was intriguing and nicely interwoven throughout.

Diego Luna also did a good job of portraying Cassian and I rather enjoyed K-2SO's comedic comments as well.

Overall, it was a good film but one that I can't say I'm that fussed about. For me, it didn't make any impact, it didn't add anything to the other films but hey, I'm not a hardcore Star Wars fan so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

---

Rating:
★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment