Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 26 April 2017

The Paper Fig


So, I have some exciting news - I'm moving house! Finally.

It's into another house share but it's with less people, in an area I like and the house is beautiful.

That's why I've been so busy of late, I've been packing stuff up, taking it home, moving it into the new place, and all that jazz that comes with moving into a new place.

The next month is going to be extremely busy with multiple trips back and forth to the new place and home as I transfer all the clutter I have (I am such a hoarder!) but I will try to keep my two posts a week coming. 

I definitely still have a lot of reviews to do and a few other ideas that I've been thinking about.

For now, here is the review on The Paper Fig restaurant in Jersey, located in the town of Gorey.

As you can see in the above photo it's a very beautiful, cosy little restaurant.

Unfortunately, the evening we visited was a cold and rainy one so it was lovely to walk into such a warm ambience. 

The candles were lit, there were squashy cushions to sink into and an interesting variety of textures from the walls to the artwork, even to the mosaic bathrooms!

We were the first people in the restaurant that evening and the waiter who accommodated us was very polite and friendly.

The place slowly filled around us as we ordered.

Adeel went for the Ragout d'Agneau Croupe, a lamb rump in a truffled wild mushroom cassolette, red wine sauce and creamy mashed potatoes.





















He said it was the best meal he has ever had. He even wanted to go into the kitchen to personally shake the chef's hand - he didn't, but that goes to show how much he enjoyed it!

I was torn between two but in the end decided on the Filet de Cabillaud, a fillet of cod with capers, butter sauce and crushed lemon potatoes.

It was phenomenal. The sharp lemon-y potatoes went so well with the little capers and the smooth cod. I was in heaven.




























The portions were small (like in a proper posh place) but it was enough. They were rich and creamy and just beautifully presented.

We just managed to squeeze in some Jersey Dairy vanilla ice cream which was a good palette cleanser and a nice way to finish off the meal.



























Seriously, such a great place and a surprisingly fantastic gem of a find, well, recommendation really, wonderful staff and a beautiful location.

If you ever, ever, get a chance to visit, please do. I can't recommend it enough.

Amazing.



🏝

No comments:

Post a Comment