Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 19 April 2017

Bad Santa 2


Wow, this was a while ago. My badddddd.

Anyways, busy bee, starting to get my motivation back. Running beginning to go well again, been home quite a lot, viewing potential properties to move in to, that sort of thing!

Because of the potential move, I've also been going through all of my things, packing up stuff I don't need, preparing them for charity bags or just chucking them. 

Decluttering is making me feel soo good at the moment, it's so cleansing. Clutter really does take up space in your mind as well as physically in your house.

Well, enough of my new found minimalist-ness, on to the film review.

Bad Santa 2, oh dear, ahaha.

I'm not gonna lie, I couldn't wait for this to come out when I found out they were making a second one. The first is so so funny and I love watching it every Christmas even though it's so rude and dirty and not very Christmassy at all.

The second one, however, wasn't as good as the first but was fairly amusing. It was great to see all of the characters again and where they all were in their lives, especially Thurman Merman (Brett Kelly). He looks exactly the same but about ten years older, it's hilarious. Kathy Bates was also a great addition, playing Willie's estranged, unruly mother.

Billy Bob Thornton, as ever, nails his character as an alcoholic struggling to make money each month, choosing to become Santa once more to get a massive payout with none other than the guy who tried to kill him last time, Marcus (Tony Cox).

The storyline was funny but silly. Willie constantly has an internal struggle with his compassion, especially when it comes to Thurman (and somewhat his mother) so it's pretty similar to the first one in that respect.

Worth a watch just to see the follow up from the first one, but prefer the original and will continue to watch it every Christmas!

---

Rating:
★★★☆☆



No comments:

Post a Comment