Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 January 2017

Favourite First Series Watched In 2016


It was definitely a good year for TV, although you could say the majority of the stuff I watched was actually a good few years old.

I love getting stuck into a really good series so a first series has to really draw me in to keep me hooked.

Pretty Little Liars definitely did that for me. I blitzed through the entire lot in a few months so I'm now awaiting the last half of the final season along with everyone else.

Okay so it did get a little bit ridiculous after the first "A" was revealed but I'm not going to give up on it when there's so little left to go!



Westworld was a recent one my housemate and I decided to watch as we'd heard a lot of weird but good things about it.

It was definitely beyond weird, but hey that's JJ Abrams for you.

A weird mix of the wild west and sci-fi, you have a million questions by the end of episode one and are no near answering them by the end of all ten episodes.

It certainly does heat up though from the end of episode seven, so if you're finding it hard to grip, bare with it.

I can't believe we have to wait two years for the next one!!




Prison Break was another I got into as a recommendation from my previous boss. I had a weird on-off relationship with this one. When I was watching it I loved it, it was action packed and you didn't know quite how it'd end up but then when I stopped watching it I wasn't completely gripped to start another episode.

Maybe it was because my mum accidentally told me who died at the end when I was only a few episodes into series one. 

Oh well, throughly looking forward to its return for a fifth season in April!


The Walking Dead I literally only started last month I think. 

I kept going back and forth in my mind as to whether I should watch it or not as zombies absolutely terrify me, but I'd heard so so many good things. So I took the plunge and it is truly fantastic and has you on the edge of your seat, wondering who will make it through the terrifying apocalypse!

I'm currently on season three and I have to say, I'm addicted!




Stranger Things was the first series my housemate and I decided to watch together one evening as we were bored with sitting in our own rooms all the time. 

This literally had me hooked within the first minute. That opening scene was gripping and I loved the whole idea of the series and how 80s America it is.

The cast are brilliant, the choice of music is brilliant and I love the mix of horror and sci-fi and especially the way the Duffer Brothers introduced each episode as a separate entity.



Containment was one I randomly saw advertised whilst watching something else and I seem to have a weird love/fascination for watching virus outbreaks (maybe that's why I'm so into zombies now?) 

It's only a one-off series unfortunately but my God. 

There's one episode in particular that broke my heart, literal floods of tears and I had to take some time to myself after just to process!

I hate when a TV series gets cancelled or finishes and I definitely hate when they kill off characters, especially crucial ones, but that's what also makes them good.

Hopefully this year will provide some more fantastic series to get stuck in to.

I know I can't wait for the final season of Game of Thrones and the final bits to Pretty Little Liars and Prison Break!



✌︎

No comments:

Post a Comment