Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 July 2016

The Mortal Instruments: Book Three, City of Glass

By Cassandra Clare.

So I completely forgot to write this review. 

I actually finished it ages ago, but I guess I was so excited for the next book in my TBR pile, one that I had pre-ordered 6 months previously, that I overlooked writing about this one.

Whoops.



[Amid the chaos of war, the Shadowhunters must
decide to fight with the vampires, werewolves and 
other Downworlders - or against them. Meanwhile,
Jace and Clary have their own decision to make:
should they pursue the love they know is forbidden?]

Anyways, all I'm going to say about Jace and Clary, without giving anything away, is I knew it!

Funnily enough though, I felt the same way about this book as I did the first, it wasn't as dramatic and twist-worthy as the second.

In fact, I figured out a bit of the plot on my own before it happened, so in that sense it was a little predictable.

I am happy though, in a way, with how things turned out in the end. 

Clare's description as always was beautiful, the character's growth was nice, especially Jace and Simon's friendship, and the final moments were a good way to tie it all up, leaving a few seeds of doubt for the future novels I imagine.

I still found Clary to be whiney and annoying, and even selfish at times. 

Jace grew a bit soppy in the end, Alec and Isabelle grew on me some more. 

But Magnus was probably the standout for me as he was still his good old, charming, hilarious self.

I wonder what the rest of the novels will hold in store.

To be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment