Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 July 2016

Me Before You

Oh, wow, this filmmmm!

I've been wanting to see this since I googled Sam Claflin sometime last year and saw he was to be in a romance film with Emilia Clarke.

I thought it would be soppy and just meh okay, and I only really wanted to see it because of the cast. But, it was actually really good.

Image from Pinterest
Let's start with the cast.

Emilia Clarke, even though at first it took some getting used to (for a Game of Thrones fan) of seeing her all bubbly and smiley, she portrayed the role really really well. 

By the end of the film I was convinced that this was probably more of what she is like off screen as well. 

She was funny, had an awful eclectic taste in fashion and always managed to paste a smile onto her face and look on the bright side. 

We should all be a little like Lou if I'm honest (maybe except the fashion sense!)

Sam Claflin, although he didn't have many mobile scenes due to said accident in the film, I think he still did a grand job. 

I loved watching his character progress from a bitter, sarcastic know-it-all to an open, calmer, more loving one. 

With such a limiting role, in the sense of movement, he really did it justice and it looked very realistic!

The supporting cast were all quite good as well. 

I was surprised to see Matthew Lewis in it (!) but he plays such a different character from his Harry Potter days, that (even if I didn't think it before) he is such a talented actor to make me feel frustrated by his character in this. 

Charles Dance as always was fab. There isn't a role out there that he can't play. 

Steve Peacocke did a good job of being the on-call Doctor. 

And Janet McTeer did a wonderful job as Will's mum. The struggles over their son between her and Charles Dance's character were heartbreaking and definitely shows the friction an accident can cause and the different mindsets between even parents over what their son should do.

Now, as for the plot, I had a feeling something awful was going to happen at the end, I just didn't know how it would come about, but it was stated pretty early on in the film of what Will wanted. It was just a case of if Lou could change his mind. 

In that case, as a viewer, I had that sense of doom hanging over me for the entire film which made me not really believe all of the little happy moments. 

There were so many ups and downs with his health and with him finally trusting Lou and then the wedding moment and all (not Lou and Will's - sorry, spoiler!) 

I loved watching the pair blossom into friendship and then a little more, it was just so sweet.

An all over the place with emotions kinda film! 

But definitely a great watch, albeit a sad one.

If anything came out of it, it's that it made me want to rush home to A even more and never let him go. 

You really do have to appreciate every moment you have with someone.

---

Rating:
★★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment