Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 April 2016

Is Television Too Romanticised?

What is it with everything being all perfect and lovey-dovey in everything I watch these days? 

No matter what the guy did (even if he's messed everything up, they still end up together after some romantic act of sacrifice or whatever).


I know when I was studying film, we learnt that it was because we - as humans - need a satisfying ending, something to give us hope, but isn't it all a little superficial now?

I get it, I do, but media make out a first kiss to be the most magical thing in the world - fireworks and a peak in some upbeat music. 

But what does a first kiss actually entail?

Jitters and guesswork was mine. 

Heartbeat racing so fast I couldn't concentrate. 

That's right, I had to concentrate on a kiss

I don't know what it was like for Adeel, but come on, kissing is so much better when you've been together for a while - you both know what you're doing and what the other one likes. 

The same goes for sex too. It's really not all that romantic for the first time like it's made out to be.

Am I just not that into this whole romantic crap? Or is it all just overly exaggerated on TV to make our hearts swoon? 

It's not exactly fair on us.

No wonder girls expect all of this rubbish. 

Guys don't really have a chance in hell of competing with the likes of Johnny Castle, Jack Dawson and Noah Calhoun now, do they?

We need to make our own expectations and stop trying to live up to the lives of fantasy couples that aren't all that realistic in the first place.

To live in the moment and not in our heads!



No comments:

Post a Comment