Powered By Blogger

Sunday 17 April 2016

Man Crush: Sam Claflin

I can't remember which film I first saw Sam Claflin in, I think it might have been Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, but I didn't really take notice of him until The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and I didn't realise it was some sort of a crush until The Riot Club.

























It's not that he's the typical good-looking actor, it's more that there's just something about him that intrigues me, that pulls me in to watching a film, even if he is the only reason why I watch said film.

Thinking back to Pirates of the Caribbean, I didn't particularly like his character. I thought he was a goody two shoes Christian that relied too heavily on his faith to get him out of a bad situation and once the film was over I never gave a second thought to William - his character (obviously Mr Johnny Depp overshadows anyone else).

Then I realised he was playing Finnick Odair in Catching Fire, I thought somebody else, somebody more attractive could have played him - considering the description given to him in the novels. Although Claflin definitely portrayed the cheekiness and charm well, I wasn't completely sold the first time I watched it - although I am now.

After that, I think the events themselves within The Riot Club overshadowed any of the protagonists possible strengths because they were just so horrific, but I don't really remember him being any sort of character you would pine over or admire due to the stuff he got caught up in. Same with Douglas Booth.

It was in Love, Rosie that I really warmed to him. He played the best friend/love interest character so well that, even though the film wasn't particularly groundbreaking, I still often catch myself wanting to re-watch it.

Considering this and the loveable character he plays in at least two of the films I have seen him in, I am hugely looking forward to seeing the upcoming film Me Before You where he plays a recently-paralysed man being taken care of by a beautiful young woman - none other than the stunning Emilia Clarke. Due to release in June, I cannot wait to see it this summer - even if it is a classic chick flit that I'm not usually a fan of!

p.s. I don't remember him at all in Snow White and the Huntsmen as I thought it was a particularly poor film but The Huntsmen: Winter's War does look particularly good so I may have to have a little looky out for him in that!



No comments:

Post a Comment