Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Here's To The Future

Once I make resolutions at the beginning of the year I tend to forget all about them. It's only now - that I wrote them on my blog last year - that I can look back on them and see what I have achieved subconsciously.

Image from Pinterest

2015 Resolutions
+1 year later

Number 1. I would like to increase my blog posts per week, or at least keep to the once a week I had originally planned. Whether this will happen or not until the final term of university is out of the way I don't know. I would also like to link my posts with my social media accounts, make the layout more professional and interact more with other bloggers.
1 year later. I guess I got it mostly right in the fact that my posting didn't really take off again until after uni finished. I'm managing to stick to at least once a week, sometimes twice. I decided earlier on that I wouldn't link all my accounts in the end purely because I'm not that fussed about generating page views! I did change my layout (was actually linked with a project at uni!), but I haven't interacted really, with any bloggers. Something to improve upon.

Image from Pinterest

Number 2. To finish editing the rest of my novel and hopefully find an agent/publisher by the end of the year. This may be a tad bit ambitious, but I love writing it!
1 year later. I hate to say it, but I barely edited anything this year. I'm so disappointed in myself. So I definitely haven't found a publisher or agent, although I work for a publishing company now! I just seemed to have lost all my flow with it and keep doing anything and everything to put it off. Will need to find some new motivation.

Image from Pinterest

Number 3. To continue learning Spanish on duolingo. I used to hate learning languages in school, but this app is a Godsend, it's amazing and I've really learnt a lot.
1 year later. I am still learning and have, in fact, increased my daily routine - yay!

Image from Pinterest

Number 4. I am adamant to go abroad this year, whether it be to Dubai to see my step-dad (and hopefully the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix if I'm lucky!) or to Paris to celebrate my upcoming 21st in March!
1 year later. I managed to achieve all three and am so happy that I did. Paris was the first time without any adults at all (although I am an adult now, still doesn't count, aha) so it was a bit of a hit and miss, but it was a stepping stone nevertheless. Dubai, on the other hand, was really what I needed to relax otherwise I may have exploded given the house I live in currently.

Image from Pinterest

Number 5. Number 4 would also cover the basis that I would like to overcome my fear of flying once and for all. In fact, I would like to keep getting better at facing any of my fears. 2014 was a huge step in conquering one of my main phobias and I hope to keep improving in 2015.
1 year later. I thought this would be impossible when I wrote it but after being on two seven hour flights, I can happily say I no longer have a fear of flying. The phobia is also getting better to handle, so let's hope 2016 is even better.

Image from Pinterest

Number 6. I would like to enjoy the rest of my time at university as it's my final couple of months and I would love to get a first in my degree! (That may be a bit ambitious).
1 year later. Unfortunately, I don't think I did enjoy my last few months at uni, purely because I was so stressed out with getting it all done and having two shows to help with that I really didn't want to do. It's a shame because my love for photography has been ruined by studying it for five years. Hopefully, having a blog and my own time now to do what I like will help me back into the rhythm of it again. Also, I got a 2:1, but I'm still very happy with that!

Image from Pinterest

Number 7. To be more grateful for everything I have/to stop taking things for granted/to sit back and appreciate small moments in my life that are making me happy. I don't do this often enough and I really need to, it would probably make me relax a bit more!
1 year later. I genuinely think I have started to do this a bit more.

Image from Pinterest

Number 8. I've seen this one a lot on other peoples blogs, but I couldn't agree more with it: to say yes more. I need to stop worrying about what could go wrong and just enjoy everything!
1 year later. I think I'm about halfway there, I'm saying yes more, just not all the time!

Image from Pinterest

Number 9. To stop complaining about everything. Even if I could improve on this a little bit I'm sure I would be a lot happier! Which also goes with: to stop living in the past. I am terrible at this. I have recently been thinking of the future though and I am so excited and love planning for it.
1 year later. This is one I have definitely improved on, even my boyfriend has noticed which is good. No more Miss Grumpy-pants! Well, not all of the time anyway...

Image from Pinterest

Number 10. To get back into exercising, even if it is just once or twice a week. I don't even want to lose weight, I just want to tone up and work on my abs! This also goes hand in hand with continuing to eat healthier. I definitely improved last year (although not necessarily decreasing the amount of chocolate I ate) and felt a big difference.
1 year later. This one is definitely a bit hit and miss. I start up randomly and then a few weeks later I will stop again. But it's definitely come to a standstill since I got a full-time job. This is something I need to get a better hold of in the future, a balance between having a job and time for me. Eating healthier, though, is on the up with 2/3 pieces of fruit a day and lots of veggies with dinner most nights!

Image from Pinterest

I also did manage to do the Jar Project - filling it with pieces of coloured, torn paper after having written good memories on them that happened throughout the year. I think next year I will do it again but more similar to the #100HappyDaysChallenge I took part in, for a univeristy project, where I have to think of what made me happy each day, even if it's something as simple as having pancakes for breakfast! Except I will do this every day for the entire year - 366HappyDaysChallenge!


Thanks for reading this year, I hope to bring you a more regular amount of content in the next one -- Happy New Year!

Image from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment