Powered By Blogger

Sunday 20 December 2015

The Passage

By Justin Cronin.


[Amy Harper Bellafonte is six years old
and her mother thinks she's the most
important person in the whole world.
She is. Anthony Carter doesn't think he
could ever be in a worse place than
Death Row. He's wrong. FBI agent Brad
Wolgast thinks something beyond
imagination is coming. It is.

Unaware of each other's existence but 
bound together in ways none of them 
could have imagined, they are about
to embark on a journey. An epic
journey that will take them through
a world transformed by man's darkest
dreams, to the very heart of what it 
means to be human. And beyond.

Because something is coming.
A tidal wave of darkness ready to
engulf the world. And Amy is the
only person who can stop it.]

Wow. This novel is phen.om.en.al.

I was hesitant at first considering the length of the book and the reading stump I had found myself in, but now I'm more eager than ever to pick up the next one: The Twelve.

It does take a long time to really get into the action as there are a lot of characters and a lot of setting up to do of plot. It's also split into two major parts (other mini parts within each), but even this setting up, of characterisation and background and scenery, is brilliant. You can come to a new section that connects to something you might've read a few chapters back and it all begins to slot perfectly into place.

Cronin is simply amazing. His character development is beautiful - he really draws you in to each character, giving them each unique details to identify them with. This also makes the impact of each death much harder as you grow so attached to quite a few people!

The plot is superb - it definitely kept me hooked and on the edge of my seat. There are so many twists and turns, that I honestly didn't see coming, that quite a few times I had to physically put the book down just to let it all sink in. The imagery and creativeness was flawless; I really felt this place was real and that I was a part of their long and unyielding journey.

I would definitely recommend this to any lovers of vampires, suspense or shocking outcomes!

No comments:

Post a Comment