Powered By Blogger

Monday 1 December 2014

Study Soundtrack

It's been such a hectic week with the amount of work we've been given this year that I haven't had much of a chance to blog. So, I thought it would be a good idea to post a personal soundtrack I like to use when studying as I've been doing a lot of it recently.


I tend to prefer music with no lyrics, film scores if you like, or something relaxing and quiet. They're all from my favourite films, obviously, which I do find can tempt me into watching them, every single time. Yet, I have managed to avoid them and get a lot more work done than I would if I had listened to something upbeat.

Obviously, I don't get through all of the albums below, but I like to mix and match depending on what I feel like listening to.

Number 1 - 
The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture). 
The scores to these movies are amazing, I absolutely love them and I cannot wait to buy The Hobbit soundtracks too! One of my favourite tracks though, which I hadn't realised was even a soundtrack to the film, is Annie Lennox's Into The West.


Number 2 - 
Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture). 
Again, I just love the soundtracks to this series - I can picture the scenes to specific bits of music perfectly, although quite distracting especially with Johnny Depp in my head! My favourite bit is definitely when Will & Elizabeth get married on the ship; the accompanying track I Don't Think Now is the Right Time is perfect.


Number 3 - 
Harry Potter (Mask Plays Music from the Motion Picture). 
Some of the tracks on this album are a little scary, even without the connecting images (although Harry Potter in itself is not scary, the scenes with the Dementor's and Lord Voldemort in Philosopher's Stone are quite terrifying!), but I love it nevertheless. The Christmas tracks are my favourites by far.


Number 4 - 
P.S. I Love You Soundtrack. 
This just makes me want to go to Ireland and explore and fall in love all over again. It's so relaxing.


Number 5 - 
Twilight Soundtrack. 
I know there's a lot of controversy about this film in general, and I agree that it's not the best vampire film out there (Underworld!!!), but it's soundtrack is beautiful. I love the piano melodies especially, even if Robert Pattinson is not actually playing them.
Also, similarly to LOTR, I didn't realise Robert Pattinson actually had a song in the film. Although it is not the soundtrack piece it's still worth a listen (Let Me Sign).


And finally - 
A recent purchase, is Gabrielle Aplin's album, English Rain
Even though this is an album with lyrics, I find I can still concentrate enough to get work done. It's a stunning album and is very calming. I especially love the track The Power of Love as we are in the lead up to Christmas.


I hope you try some of these albums out, I know they're probably not to a lot of people's tastes but they're worth a listen!

What albums/sounds help you to study?

:)


Obviously none of these images are mine, they are the original artworks for the albums.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katharine! I am inspired now to listen to these soundtracks! Specially Pirates of the Caribbean. I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you to the Liebster Award! Hope you can join us!:)
    With Love Nati

    P.S. Here is the link to where I nominate you:
    http://littlemissnati.blogspot.com/2014/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) ah, you should, they're brilliant!
      Awh, thank you. I will hopefully get around to it over the weekend :D
      x

      Delete
  2. I am completely in love with the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, especially "Concerning Hobbits"! Great post!
    ~Sophia
    Plaid Is My Favourite Colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, isn't it? Cannot stop listening to it :)
      x

      Delete