Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Come With Me And You'll Be In A World Of Pure Imagination...

This weekend was the one I'd been waiting for. A girly catchup - long overdue - with two of my college friends and an outing to the theatre.

We had planned to visit Harrods and Winter Wonderland, but due to unforeseen circumstances it didn't happen!

Not that I minded too much. If we had have done all that in one day I'm pretty sure I would have snoozed my way through Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

However, we did pop by the Southbank market on our way to Drury Lane Theatre.











It seems I didn't get any actual pictures of the market itself, I was too engrossed with the pretty lighting! Whoops!

Now onto Charlie. What. A. Show.

The set was amaaaaaaazing. As were the cast!

Have to admit it, a little tear sprung to my eye when they sang Pure Imagination (the only song from the original film they included!)

I was a little disappointed that I missed out on buying Wonka bars! But it was a lovely evening and not as busy as I thought it was going to be on a Friday night - and pretty cheap too!!

Also, I have to mention a big thank you to the staff at the theatre for helping me through a bit of a panic at the beginning! We were originally on the balcony and I didn't expect it to be that high up or that cramped. But they graciously moved all three of us to the stalls at the back which was perrrrfect.

I would definitely recommend going to see this show and am eagerly looking out for any other shows I can go and see!

Have you been to see anything brilliant lately? I would love to know any of your recommendations.



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment