Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 15 June 2016

The Mortal Instruments: Book Two, City of Ashes

By Cassandra Clare.

I've literally got a whole load of reviews still stored up with all the books and films I've watched recently so I might just start posting them every Wednesday until I've caught up and post other stuff on Sundays!

Anyways, onto the review:



























[Haunted by her past, Clary is dragged deeper into
New York City's terrifying underworld of demons
and Shadowhunters - but can she control her
feelings for a boy who can never be hers?]

Oooooh, I enjoyed this one much more than I did the first one. Maybe it was because I didn't know the plot to this one and it was all brand new and exciting.

I loved the constant battle Jace and Clary both clearly had within themselves, about their current situation, and with each other. It was difficult to read at times, being that it's kind of gross that I wanted what they did, but also that none of us should have wanted it at all under said "circumstances". 

(I'm not convinced these circumstances are the truth though... I hope)

Okay, enough riddles. I really can't say that much without spoiling anything.

However, there was a lot of action, especially with Simon's character. His whole role changed abruptly and I must admit, I didn't see it coming, at all

I loved Alec and Magnus' attempt at sneaking around, it was kind of really cute. 

Plus, the whole final-ish scene on the boat was pretty epic. I think - if they had of made it into a film - that that scene would have been phenomenal. They definitely kept hinting at us - and the characters - not really knowing all of the facts which was intriguing.

I also think Cassandra Clare's way of writing is really easy and simple to follow, with a whole abundance of description and decent dialogue thrown in that keeps you well and truly hooked!

Can't wait to read the next one!



No comments:

Post a Comment