Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 November 2015

Scream Queens

Scream Queens - an array of celebrity faces, an intriguing plot line and a whole lot of screaming. What a disappointment.

I don't know quite what I expected - although I knew it wouldn't be amazing - but I had hoped it would have been at least reasonably good. Where do I start? The plot was ridiculous, the acting terrible and it all just made me wonder whether American schools really can be like that - except for the gruesome murders. Although, maybe even in some cases that too.

I wanted to like it, I really did but it seems to me that Emma Roberts just plays the exact same role, time and time again. It's kind of irritating. Abigail Breslin was also a disappointment after having enjoyed a number of her previous films and Ariana Grande, don't even get me started.

The only good thing about the whole fiasco was Jamie Lee Curtis' performance, as amusing as ever playing the only convincing role in the episode. Lea Michelle also has potential. Even though she didn't say much in this first episode, I can see an undercurrent of her former Glee character, Rachel Berry.

I would say though that it's not a good idea to get too attached to anyone in particular as a fair few have already been killed off. Why shows like this are being given a chance to shine when numerous good shows have been dropped, I don't know. 

I may give it a second chance this week. Who knows, maybe it'll even grow on me.



No comments:

Post a Comment