Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 November 2015

Nowhere Boy


This is amazing

It's touching and funny and heartbreaking all in under 2 hours. Aaron Taylor-Johnson was actually incredible as John Lennon. I thought he would be terrible for some reason, but it's his best performance I've seen. The film was also one of the best I've seen in a long while.

Image from Pinterest

Kristin Scott Thomas and Anne-Marie Duff were also equally excellent in their supporting roles. Scott Thomas nailed the strict, snotty guardian whereas Duff perfected the scatty, eccentric mother. Thomas Brodie Sangster was also adorable as Paul McCartney.

Image from Pinterest

I can't believe that this is based on John Lennon's life - so much happened to him before The Beatles! It's almost unbelievable. He's portrayed as such an arrogant, well, ass really. I always thought he was just a musical legend, that his life before it was, well, that his life had always just been The Beatles.

Sam Taylor-Johnson's directing was brilliant. The cinematography, authenticity and the musical numbers throughout were astounding. I felt like I was really in that era. The cinematography in particular though was beautiful. There's a particular scene where John's mother is hit by a car and I just think it's done in such a tasteful way - it's truly beautiful.

Image from Pinterest

If you like Aaron Taylor-Johnson or The Beatles, I would definitely recommend this. It exceeded all my expectations and I know it's been a long time coming considering it's been out for 6 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment