Powered By Blogger

Thursday 1 January 2015

The New Year

Source

First of all, Happy New Year! I spent the evening in good company feeling quite content with everything - which is odd, considering the past few months. 'Start the year as you mean to go on' I think the phrase goes. 

It is definitely time for a fresh start and I am hoping to be more positive about the following year, with some great things to look forward to.

Also, there are many of these posts around at the moment, so I apologise if you're sick of them, but I need to get back into the blogging spirit and what better way than to start with a recap of 2014?

From what I remember, last January didn't get off to the best of starts. But I do remember bringing in the new year with my boyfriend, nachos and a Game of Thrones marathon! 

Mmmm, nachos <3

Later on (in about March I think), I got my first proper job - a paper round sooo doesn't count - and although I had a few apprehensions about it, I have thoroughly enjoyed every shift I have done so far. It's definitely not easy being a waitress so I appreciate the service I get when I do go out to restaurants now!

Practice bun for my interview :)

As the second year of University came to a close, things seemed to be on the rocks with my relationship and I threw myself into work - 8 to 11 hour shifts in 30+ degree heat is not something I am going to forget any time soon! But the experience and money, I am grateful for.

A snap from the beginning of Second Year

Third year was drawing ever nearer and nerves were starting to kick in and to top off September, my relationship was at an end. It has been an awful lot of hard work - university and getting through my first break up (not that I think I'm anywhere near through it). I underestimated the sheer amount of work they would give you in your last year too, but, hey ho, only about 3 more months to go!

I've definitely got a few resolutions lined up that I'm going to make for 2015, but that'll be in the next post so it's not too long!

Hope everyone has had a good New Year's :)

Source

Source

Source

Source



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment