Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 8 February 2017

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Image From Pinterest
Spoilers Ahead - although if you haven't already seen it, where on earth have you been??

I was reallyyyyy hesitant about seeing Fantastic Beasts. In fact, I didn't really want to see it until my friend mentioned a certain someone making a sneaky cameo appearance at the end.

I was partly worried it'd taint the Harry Potter universe and not live up to that giant reputation. But I was also partly worried it'd overshadow it too.

Thankfully, it's so different that it does neither. I think it's on par with Harry Potter and I really enjoyed it.

I loved Newt as a character and Eddie Redmayne was phenomenal portraying him. He was one of those people I was initially wary of because I didn't think he could be that good of an actor as everyone had raved about him. But he really is. (I watched The Theory of Everything shortly before Fantastic Beasts and he is simply amazing).

Jacob was another character I loved and (portrayed by Dan Fogler) was equally as good as Redmayne. He was cheeky and funny and adorable with his passion for bakery and his head-over-heels-ness for Queenie.

Tina and Queenie were great. It was great how opposite they seemed to be but they still had a strong sisterly bond.

Now, the setting. Oh. My. God. I never knew a Harry Potter universe set in the 20s could be so amazing. And in New York as well! Brilliant.

The balance of humour and dark magic worked very well indeed. It had me guessing throughout of what this subplot could be about and as soon as we saw the Deathly Hallows symbol or the surname Lestrange was mentioned, we both got so excited!

The effects for this dark magic were amazing. I especially loved when all the darkness seemed to be spiralling around inside the train station.

Of course, I can't not mention the Fantastic Beasts. The effects used for them were also great and they provided a lot of entertainment throughout.

And finally, the spoiler I can't wait to talk about (so if you haven't seen it yet, look away now for God's sake!)

My friend told me a certain Mr Johnny Depp makes a tiny appearance in this film which is kinda (wholly) what swayed me to go and see it in the end.

And I knew, I just knew, that Colin Farrell's character was way too powerful for his own good and that there was something fishy there. And I was right. My suspicions were confirmed when he transformed into none other than Gellert Grindelwald aka Mr Depp!

I AM SUPER EXCITED FOR THE NEXT ONE.

And who are they gonna cast as Dumbledore?!

EEK!

Absolutely brilliant and a fantastic addition to the Harry Potter series.

Keeping the magic alive.

---

Rating:
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment