Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 28 September 2016

The Infernal Devices: Book 1, Clockwork Angel

By Cassandra Clare.



























Do  you ever get all these emotions and doubts run through your mind day after day and worry that things aren't going the way they're meant to be?

I do, mostly about my relationship, but then once he's here at the weekend I feel almost restored back to faith and like I've taken a chill pill.

God, the past two weekends have been so great. Although if I write it down it doesn't look like we did much, but I guess it's just the little moments and how I seem to be appreciating them all the more.

Ah, I feel so full of love for him ♥︎

Anyway, as much as I could probably write a full post on why I love him, I'm going to get on with the review instead.

[When Tessa Gray arrives in England during
the reign of Queen Victoria, something terrifying is
waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, 
warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit 
streets. Friendless and hunted, Tessa seeks refuge with 
the Shadowhunters, a band of demon hunters. Drawn 
ever deeper into their world, she finds herself fascinated 
by - and torn between - two best friends.]

I'm not too sure how I feel about these sorts of books anymore. 

Like, I think I've read far too many YA novels and am now so used to their predictable plot lines and complicated love triangles that I find myself growing restless whilst reading them.

However, it was an easy read, a very easy read, and I did enjoy the setting in Victorian London. Clare's description - as always - was beautiful and I could feel my mind bringing her ideas to life.

I liked the concept of the mechanical/clockwork creatures in this one. It was definitely different from the initial series with Clary and Jace. Not so much love drama, although there is a hint of it going in that direction and there is a mysteriousness about Will that is kind of enticing.

The other characters are all quite interesting. I'm not annoyed with Tessa or Jessamine yet, as the only prominent female figures. There's no unnecessary whining or selfish behaviour at the moment. Plus, I think Clare nailed the way women and men perceived each other back then with all the informal politeness and the men taking lead in the fighting. I didn't find it sexist at all like I have done in some books, Clare touches on it gracefully.

I enjoyed the plot and the twist at the end of who the Magister really was, definitely not who I expected! The epilogue left unanswered questions about Will which I can't wait to find out about and I'm intrigued as to how the plot continues and how it will all link up with The Mortal Instruments Series.



✌︎

No comments:

Post a Comment