Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Suicide Squad

Merhhhh. 

I swear. This bedroom I live in is either too hot or too cold. It is never just right.

I've got a 40 year old who acts like a toddler in the house, refusing to tidy up after himself so there I am acting like the mother hen and then he just goes and messes it all up again.

The rest of the tenants do jack all to help either.

I'm the youngest in this God damned house and I'm the one with the most common decency and respect for a place we all equally rent and share.

It's infuriating, excruciatingly infuriating living with that monumental asshat and all these randoms time in and time out.

I've been in this house for three years. Three bloody years.

If I don't get out of here soon I'm going to go crazy.

To continue with the rant-like ness I'm going for let's get on with the review.

Suicide Squad, what an absolute pile of crap.

Image From Pinterest
Considering the cast and all of the hype from this film I was expecting a lot more, although the reviews were terrible - I'll give it that.

But instead, I got a half assed plot-line that made absolutely no sense, a bunch of characters with barely any back story or depth to them and a very, very dull 2 hours of trying to stay sane.

The majority of the characters were pretty boring. I don't even remember their names to be honest except The Joker, Harley Quinn and the Witch/Enchantress, whatever you want to call her.

I can't make up my mind if I liked Cara Delevingne's character or not. She was beautiful, obviously but the voice when she changed into the witch was a bit weird plus she was defeated way too easily for my liking.

Will Smith was boring. Jai Courtney was boring.

Boring, boring, boring.

And don't even get me started on what I thought of The Joker. Terrifyingly and unnecessarily unattractive for starters, awful acting and - even though he was made out to be a bleedin' main character - was only actually in the film for a sum of about ten minutes.

Jared Leto should stick to singing. At least he's good at that.

Right, the positives of the film - however few there may be - was that I rather liked and enjoyed Margot Robbie's performance as Harley Quinn.

I can see how she may irritate some as she was quite full on, but I thought she did a great job and really pulled the film through to the end.

I also appreciated the wonderful cinematography. The vivid colours and the way it was shot was beautiful, it's just such a shame the content was all over the place.

Comic book films, superhero films, super villain films, whatever you want to call them, are getting too much.

Overkill or what.

Please do yourself a favour if you haven't seen this and do not watch it.

Glad I didn't pay to see this shite in the cinema.

---

Rating:
★☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment