Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 March 2016

Exploring Paris

Although the hotel wasn't perfect, we did wake up to a pretty beautiful view - the balcony, the entwining railing, the curtain blowing in the morning breeze. Perfect.




We got ready and made our first trip on the metro (which is so much more confusing than the tube!), heading straight for the Notre Dame.


We arrived to a snake-like queue and after stopping to take a dozen photos, eagerly joined it in order to get a peek inside. However, I got a bit panicky (eugh, only I could get panicky and wimp out of exploring to my little heart's content) and decided I'd take a walk around the Notre Dame as Yasmin went inside. I got to oggling the crepe and waffle stalls as well as all the cheesy souvenir shops. I stopped off to buy myself the traditional tourist-y t-shirt and a couple of presents for people back home!





































When I met up with Yasmin again, not long after, we headed next to the Pantheon, through winding cobbled streets and an abundance of beautiful old shops, convinced we could see our first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower in the distance.



























































The Pantheon itself is stunning inside and out, filled with long passageways, mosaic high-ceilings and long floors with a handful of pillars and statues to keep you entertained. We even went down to the chilling tombs where our voices echoed and our footsteps slapped loudly against the stone floor.






































































































After our morning adventure we went back to the hotel to have a rest - meeting up with a couple more friends later in the afternoon. Once they had settled in we went to a little cafe and ordered tea like the civilised Brits that we are and had a good old natter.


Later on, the others went to the Eiffel Tower - I chickened out again, saying I was too tired. I honestly can't remember what I did instead, but I wish I had had the courage to go and see the Eiffel Tower! They even stopped off for dinner and had snails!



No comments:

Post a Comment